• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dislocated Finger...Need Advice!

Detrevni

Bluelighter
Ok so I was playing basketball a couple of days ago and tried to catch a pass. Immediately I knew my pinky broke it or something. Looked down and it was crooked (down and to the left). Went to doc and he relocated it. I saw the x-ray and the bone above the middle joint wasn't even touching the one closest to palm. My questions are about recovery as he didn't say much and I didn't quite catch much he said after my finger looked straight again, lol. I think he said wear brace for 2 weeks and that's all i know. Should I not try to bend it at all for two weeks as I work 5 - 6 days a week. And after brace comes off how should I rehabilitate? I'm pretty sure it had to at least stretched/ripped some of the tendons or ligaments. Any one else been through this? Any info would be greatly appreciated and followed. Thanks.

Yeah, don't move it for a while, if the brace becomes annoying after a while (days or a week at least, give the little guy time to heal), you could tape it to your 2nd finger with medical or sports tape. That way you can practice slowly bending it later on (after a few weeks of healing). Don't do any lifting with that finger for a long time though.

I've "corked" my pinky before (jammed it in, slight dislocation), and it hurt and took a while to heal.

Maybe someone with more medical advice can help.

I have popped quite a few fingers playing sports. Never got the option of a hospital visit/doctor to fix them.

They hurt for a few weeks but no need for any special precautions. Your knuckles might develop "character" from it though:)

^HAHA nice way of looking at it. Yea i was gonna pop it back in place myself at the court but it looked so awkward i thought i may gave fractured something too. It actually didn't hurt almost at all just felt "akward" when attempting to bend (as in i couldn't) lol. Well I guess there's no specific guideline i HAVE to follow as long as i dont bend it for a week or two at least. Then slowely start to bend it maybe using the buddy system taping them together for support. Thanks guys just those couple responses made me realize maybe this was a waste of a post, heh. But if anyone else has any more comments, suggestions, or advice i'll still check back. Thanks everyone.

--- invertedInverteD